Saturday, October 6, 2007

I Was Tagged

Nana of My Thought, My Place, My Sanctuary fame tagged me. It is the Ramadhan Tag which is about food and nothing to do about what is in your handbag kind of thing. I promised her that I will do it after I have posted the article about Azini Capital. To keep to my promise, nana, here are my answers to all the questions (I am not much of a connoisseur of good food so my choice maybe a disappointment to you. It will only reflect how simple a man I am and will be happy with the basic of foods).

NAME 5 FAVOURITE FOOD THAT YOU FEEL LIKE HAVING NOW

  • Ubi kayu/keledek bakar (grilled tapioca or sweet potato)
  • Pisang bakaran bakar (very rare kind now even in Kelantan. I thought it was called pisang sekarang but Dr. Hawa of Mardi told me it is bakaran. She is an authority on bananas)
  • Pisang rebus (any suitable kind)
  • Jagong bakar
  • Keladi rebus

NAME 5 FOOD YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE FOR BREAKFAST IF YOU COULD

  • Ubi kayu rebus (boiled tapioca-seems to be the in thing now in posh hotels)
  • Ubi badak rebus.
  • Ubi gadong (could be extinct now)
  • Ubi Keling (Ubi kemili elsewhere)
  • Ubi keledek rebus

NAME 5 FOOD YOU WOULD MOST LIKELY BUY FOR BERBUKA TODAY

  • Tauhu sumbat (acquired the taste when working in Johor)
  • Agar agar (the simplest red one with nothing more)
  • Terubuk bakar (It is cheap in Pasir Mas. A fair sized ones cost RM15.00 a fish)
  • Bubur jagong
  • Anything else that I may fancy when I am at the bazaar today.

NAME 5 FAVORITE BEVERAGES YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE FOR BERBUKA OR SUPPER TODAY

  • Air kelapa muda.
  • Kopi O kaw (just bought half a kg. recently).
  • Teh O with a dash of limau kasturi
  • Hot chocolate (Milo) (to get me to sleep after the kopi O kaw that usually keeps me awake)
  • Any kind of juice, pineapple juice is nice.

Am I done?

See how easy it is to feed me. My late mum told me when I was a baby I was fed on mashed boiled banana. That maybe the reason why I love those kind of food. Later when I was growing up it was a diet of mostly ikan singgang, ikan kering. Ulam-ulam was a staple in our diet. Once in a blue moon we had beef or chicken. That is why beef and chicken felt so good then.

I am not going to tag anyone else since I dont know if they will like it. The buck stops here.

Due to new development, I have changed my mind and decide to tag the following celibrities of the blogging world:

fye_d.flowright of 'Flying Without Wings' because you asked for it.

j.t of 'JAQUI's CURVE' because I want to know how non muslims will react.

mat salo of 'Borneo Blues', he is coming home and will be visiting the Ramadhan bazaars soon.

Lady Patsy of 'Lady Patsy's Chambers' to get her working on her blog.

pak idrus of 'in passing - malaysian', a lover of Malaysian cuisines.

70 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment